- Plural of unit
The word unit means any of several things:
- Unit (housing), in Australia/New Zealand - a self-contained suite of rooms within a set of similar dwellings.
- Units of measurement, a fundamental quantity of measurement
- Units (Unix), a command-line computer program that does unit conversion
- Units conversion by factor-label, a widely used approach for performing Conversion of units
- A unit can be a general word for a module or device. For more specific example, see next entry.
- Functional unit, a component of a computer system such as the CPU
- A unit can refer to a self-contained section of a building (or maybe a structure such as a cabin) meant to be rented or otherwise occupied by a party, such as an apartment or business suite. See Apartment.
- In chemical engineering, a unit is a (usually) large vessel or section of a plant in which a unit operation goes on. See Chemical plant#Chemical processes.
- Unit of action, a discrete piece of action (or beat) in a theatrical presentation
- Multiple unit, a passenger train whose carriages have their own motors
- Unit of alcohol, 10 millilitres of pure ethanol in the UK
- In biochemistry, unit is the measure of enzyme activity.
- In a 19-inch rack a rack unit is a standard height of 1.75 inches
- Military units, including:
- A Strategic business unit
- A unit of blood, equal to one pint.
- Unit Corporation, a United States oil and gas producer
- UNIT - United Nations Intelligence Taskforce/Unified Intelligence Taskforce, a fictional entity in the Doctor Who television series
- Unit (album), an indie pop album by the Australian band Regurgitator
- G-Unit, a hip-hop music group
- The Units, a synthpunk band from San Francisco from 1978 to 1984
- The Unit, a television series
- In filmmaking, see second unit.
- Unit vector, a vector with length 1
- Unit circle, the circle with radius 1 centered at the origin
- Unit interval, the interval of all real numbers between 0 and 1
- Imaginary unit, i, whose square is -1
- Root of unity, a complex number, a power of which is 1
- Unit (ring theory), an element that is invertible with respect to ring multiplication
- Unit type, a type that allows only one value
- In category theory, there is a natural transformation called the unit from the identity functor to the composition of two adjoint functors
units in Arabic: وحدة
units in Catalan: Unitat
units in Danish: Enhed (flertydig)
units in German: Einheit
units in Esperanto: Unuo
units in Spanish: Unidad
units in Persian: واحد
units in French: Unité
units in Hungarian: Egység
units in Ido: Unajo
units in Italian: Unità
units in Japanese: 単位
units in Korean: 단위
units in Polish: Jednostka
units in Simple English: Unit
units in Slovenian: Enota
units in Chinese: 單位
units in Latin: go suck a big one